Our first snow in the city has arrived and now departed. Salutations have been said to our beanies and hot cocoa and we know there is plenty more cold opportunities on the horizon. Now, Thanksgiving is upon us and with it comes the beginnings of holiday cheer! There are children and guests to entertain and memories to make. Don't worry! The Front Range has you covered with a wide variety of winter and holiday recreation to create smiles and warm your hearts.
- Productions such as The SantaLand Diaries, A Christmas Carol and Irving Berlin's White Christmas can be seen at Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Check out the Arvada Center of the Arts for a great rendition of Elf-the Musical
- Aurora's Vintage Theatre is putting on a creative adaptation of Charles Dickinsons' A Christmas Carol
- Scrooge!-the Musical is playing at the Candlelight Dinner Playhouse
- The Nutrcracker (Belliston Academy of Ballet) is presenting at DU's Newman Center
- The Annual Light the Lights at the Denver City and County Building in Civic Center Park on November 23rd (FREE)
- Movie at the Symphony: HOME ALONE in Concert on November 23rd. Also check out Celtic Women Christmas Tour, A Colorado Christmas, Too Hot to Handel and Ten Tenors-Home for the Holidays Tour, all at Boettcher Concert Hall
- Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra presents Big Band Christmas at Parker Arts on November 25th
- Experience the beloved sounds of the holiday season on handbells with Winter Wonderland by the The Rocky Mountain Ringers at St. Paul Lutheran Church on December 14th and 15th
- Rocky Mountain Arts Association and the Denver Gay Men's Chorus present HO HO HoeDown to Hollywood. They will be performing between November 29th and December 9th in Boulder, Denver and Highland's Ranch.
- Ice Skating at Evergreen Lake, the Rink at Belmar, Downtown Denver at Skyline Park, Southlands-Ice Skating at the Pond and WinterSkate at the Shops of Northfield Stapleton
- Oh the Lights! Blossom of Lights at the Denver Botanical Gardens, Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo, Hudson Christmas at Hudson Gardens.
- Denver Israeli Hanukkah Festival on December 8th at the Denver Jewish Day School.
- 9News Parade of Lights on November 30th and December 1st starting at Civic Center Park. The two-mile parade route in Downtown Denver is the stage for Colorado’s brightest holiday tradition. The FREE holiday spectacular features marching bands, ornate floats, and, of course, a special appearance by Major Waddles the Penguin and Santa! Grab your hot chocolate and ear-muffs, this year is going to be better than ever! (FREE)
- Holiday High Tea at The Brown Palace! Book your reservation soon to dine in the warmth of the holiday decor.
- Yad Shabbat Festival of Lights at the Denver Botanical Gardens on December 7th. They are collecting specific personal items for JEWISHcolorado's Christmas Mitzvah Project (CMP). CMP has been a tradition in the local Jewish community for over 20 years. Over 300 volunteers will help out on Christmas day at local hospitals, assisted living facilities, and shelters. At the CMP family site, volunteers will assemble “I Care I Share” bags that provide essential items to individuals in need. The bags will be donated to theDenver Rescue Mission and other local shelters.
- Children's Day! A Winter Solstice Celebration on December 16th, hosted by the Denver Shambala Meditation Center
The holidays come and go so fast. There are so many fun things to do to keep us busy. There are so many great people to meet and visit. There are so many cocktail parties, dinners and holiday get-to-gethers. Let's not forget those who may need a little extra help to get in the spirit, those who may not feel they have much to celebrate. Let's lift them up with kind words, a warm meal, a smile or even a sweet gift. In the midst of the parties, holiday shopping and hustle and bustle, let's remember to slow down, breathe, be in the moment and be safe. Happy Holidays from our family to yours!
For more information on fun holiday events in and around Denver, visit Denver.org!
Brought to you by Sondra Lockett-Cameron, Marketing Manager for TJC Real Estate & Management Services.
TJC Real Estate & Management Services • 303.324.6988 • email@example.com
Your Neighborhood Realtors® Since 2005